Create the Perfect Pout with these amazing products listed by top Lipstick Blogger Yishan on Beauty Swatch which are sure to leave your lips noticeably and irresistibly kissable this Valentines Day!
Keeping lips in top condition requires dedication, and I turn to my trusted list of products below to get my lips in swatch-worthy shape. Healthy lips are just as important as a healthy complexion, and is much easier to achieve than flawless skin. If you have a habit of forgetting to look after your lips, keep lip balms within reach in several places (eg. bedside table, makeup table, purse, work drawer etc) so you’ll never be caught without one.
OLAY Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller – absorbs instantly & my lips looks like they just had a “lip facial”.
- JURLIQUE Purely Age Defying Eye Cream – after prepping your eyes, prep your lips also with this silicone based cream which smoothes lip lines and creates an even canvas for even the trickiest lip textures.
- Facial Oils – when pressing face oil onto your face with your palms, pat some also over the entire mouth area.
- KIEHL’S Double Strength Deep Wrinkle Filler – this miracle product is marketed for lines on the face, but is actually a great lip base to prevent lipsticks from sinking into deep lip lines.
DR LIPP Original Nipple Cream for Lips – my Holy Grail of all lip balms, it’s Lanolin based and not only recovers even the flakiest of lips, but also strengthens the lip surface making it more resilient, smoothes lines and has a plumping effect by the morning. The texture and taste is not for everyone – really thick & sticky, and the lanolin taste is not masked by any additives.
- ELIZABETH ARDEN 8 Hour Cream – this petroleum-based multi-purpose balm achieves very similar results to Dr Lipp in terms of skin cell turnover, but slightly less effective at strengthening the lip surface. Texture is more emollient with a more bearable taste.
- JACK BLACK Intense Therapy Lip Balm – SPF 25, incredibly hydrating even in extreme conditions, soothing and long lasting.
DIOR Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm – SPF 10, an intense shea butter lip balm that soothes, plumps, hydrates & promotes skin cell renewal.
- MAYBELLINE Baby Lips Lip Balm – SPF 20, smoothes lines, instantly hydrates and works a great base under lipstick for a luminous finish.
- BLISTEX Complete Moisture Lip Balm – SPF 15, one of the few stick balms out there that contains actual moisture to relieve dry lips.
In the shower
If you have been diligent with your lip routine overnight and throughout the day, your lip flakes should rub off easily by gently wiping the lip area with your fingers or with a wash cloth. Remember – if your flakes don’t rub off easily, they are not completely healed and not ready to come off. I don’t believe lip scrubs are a must-have for this reason.
Prepping for an occasion
In the morning, slather on a thick (almost excessive) layer of lip balm in the morning while you apply your skincare / makeup
- Maintain lips during the day by applying lip balm hourly or whenever you feel it has completely absorbed into lips.
- Soap & Glory Extreme Plump XL is the best at reviving tired lips at the end of the day & can also be worn over lipstick.
- If lipstick just isn’t working for you that day, use a pigmented smoothing lipgloss instead.
Do you have a favourite lip balm?
What’s your routine for keeping lips in top condition?